Monday, May 9, 2011

The Day After The Scrappy Weekend

Happy Monday! How was your weekend? Get much scrapping done? I did. And it felt great! I haven't created that much in such a short time since early in my pregnancy with Muffin. How I missed getting my fingers dirty and paper cutting myself! I'm so messy and careless when creating, but man it's fun.
The challenges from the WeScrap Blog Hop kept me going. Here's what I created:

WeScrap Blog Sketch Challenge

Sweetness: How I adore this line from Bella Blvd! I made a mini album, this layout and still have bits and pieces to love. It's hard to see, but the background is misted a little with pink taffy from Tattered Angels. I love it when I get to break out the pink. Not something I do often. But Muffin and I deserve it, right?

Sue's Favourite Things Challenge 

Daddy's Glasses: I decided to take pictures from a recent favourite moment. Steve got new glasses (free from Clearly Contacts! I got a free pair too. We only had to pay shipping. Less than $14 for frames that cost over $200! Love it!). Monkey wanted to try on Daddy's glasses (he also puts on Steve's body spray so he can "stink like Daddy"). He was too cute; I had to snap some pictures. The background is a Tim Holtz stamp, coffee stamp from Studio Calio (my personal fave) and paint splatter punched orange cardstock (how awesome is that?)

Victoria's Favorite Photo Challenge 

Happy Camper: I picked out my favourite picture of Steve and Muffin. Love my boys so much!

Sarah's Favourite Embellie Challenge

You Make Me Smile: I couldn't pick just one...Fussy cut pattern paper and buttons. I had trouble figuring out what it my favourite embellishment. I went through a bunch of recent layouts and noticed these two were used the most.

Ally's Colour Challenge 

 Jaz: Love, love, love this colour combo. It's right up my ally. These papers were just sitting on my desk waiting to be used. And I think I'll be diving back into them again really soon!

I ran out of time to do Bev's Tic Tac Toe Challenge. It's on my list of things to do though.

We had a little Scraplift Tag game going on Saturday. I was the last person on Team One. Here's my layout:

It took me 15 mins to complete it! Super fast. And super fun. Team One won, by the way. Yay!

Now I have a very grumpy, teething Muffin in my arms right now, so I'm going to have to say...
Until next time...

1 comment:

SusieJ said...

Love them all Jen!
Bev's challenge was the only one I managed (apart from Scrap Tag) - but I'm planning on doing one a day for the rest of the week.
Hugs xx