Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I'm Alive!

I'm here, I'm here! You know I am still alive if you're on my Facebook. I'm always nosing around that thing. But I lack in the blogging.

I have done a few things scrappy. I just haven't bothered to snap pictures of everything yet. I have a mini album that has gotta lost in the pile of junk I have growing beside my desk. I have a layout I finishd last night that hasn't gotten snapped yet. And I have a project for The Scrapping Bug's blog that I don't think I should share yet. Since it was made for the Bug, I should wait for the Bug to post it. And since I haven't even sent it to Kim yet, my blog is just going to have to wait.

I can share my layouts and card I made using the Bug's June kit! I love this kit!
Our Family - What do you do when you're about to grow your family by one? You scrap an old picture. This was taken January 2009! Monkey's not even two yet in this picture. Hopefully it won't take me as long to scrap a family picture when there's another kid added to the mix. (and typically speaking, this is just the family that live under one roof...There are two more kids to our family, they live with their mom)
Tweet Ride - Picture from 2008 here. My sister is so tiny, she can sit in Monkey's car and drive it around. Before Monkey could reach the pedals, she would climb in and give him rides. Now, he gives her rides. And drives under trees so low, she gets a face full of leaves (or pine needles).
Smile - I dug deep for these pictures this month! Monkey in 2007, under a year old. My sister snapped this one. His big, brown eyes and cheeky smile under that sucky make my heart melt. Like all mommies, I'm a sucker for my baby!
Home Grown Love - I went a little wimsical here. Lots of stitching, lots of fun and I added buttons. I have offically run out of red buttons! I have a huge box of buttons...Not a single red one in there. I seem to be on a red kick.
You and Me - At last! A new picture! Daddy and Monkey in the gazebo overlooking the river. Monkey's new favourite place. I really wanted the picture to stand out. I printed it a little dark so I didn't want to take away from it. White background, clean lines and messy handwriting pair up fine with it. How cute is that ribbon? I love it!
Miss You card - I have a hard time with cards. I challenge myself with every kit to make at least one. This one, not only came together fast, but I think it's kinda cute. It's the owl. I like cute owls.
So other than not keeping up with sharing my scrappy fun, what have I been doing? Well, for starters, I've been growing...
This is my most recent picture, taken a couple of days ago at 24 weeks. I feel huge already. I still have a lot of growing to do. I'm going to be as big as a house by the end, just like I was with Monkey. But I only have a 13 pound weight gain so far. I've gained back the 10 pounds I lost in the first couple of months, plus 3.
I've been hanging out with Monkey as much as possible too. We play trains, read books, shop, go to the library or park and just play outside. Monkey has become quite the little helper in the kitchen. It makes preparing meals go a little slower, but I'm enjoying our one-on-one time together before he has to share me.
And in ending, I'll leave you with a picture of Monkey's new haircut...

This is why I like to keep his hair long...It's not as wild when he wakes up due to weight. Now, he looks like he's stuck his finger in an electrical outlet every morning.

Until next time....

No comments: