Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Rambles of packing and hospitals....

Anyone wanna pack for me? I have four more sleeps until M-Day (Moving Day, people! Keep up with me, will ya) and I have nada packed. I always seem to wait until the last possible minute.
I was all set to start packing today, but got a little side tracked. Actually, a lot side tracked. I rushed my mother to the hospital this morning. One of her eyes (the left one for all those nosey people out there) was swollen shut this morning. It looks like a bee stung her. She has no idea why it happened. She can’t remember anything stinging her or anything like that. We spent a few hours at the hospital only to leave without seeing a doctor. It’s a long story of why. The short version is…Small, backwards, stupid towns have equally backwards, stupid people working in their hospitals. We have vowed never go back there again and drive the extra 10 to 30 minutes to go to a different hospital in a different town. It wasn’t our first time with a bad experience at said hospital. I was there about four years ago with a badly sprained wrist. I wasn’t sure if it was broken or not. I spent 4 hours in the waiting room, was placed in a room and waited for another 2 hours. A nurse walked by and looked shocked to see me sitting there. The only doctor they had on that day had gone home for dinner an hour and a half earlier and wasn’t coming back unless someone called him. Nice, eh? So glad I had Monkey down in Kitchener. My labour, c-section and so on and so on (most of you know the horrible ordeal I went through, I won’t bore you again) was horrific enough. I’m sure it would have been worse at this tiny hospital. My sister got to see the baby wing at the small town hospital as part of her parenting class in school. She said it didn’t look like anything, including medical devices, had been updated since the early 50’s. Everything, according to my sister, was a thousand times better in my two rooms in Kitchener (my labour room before the emergency c-section, and my room afterwards in the c-section ward, as I called it). I’ll admit, I loved my labour room! Wish I could have pushed out Monkey and stayed there. There was a nice little whirlpool tub, a private bathroom (I had a roommate in my other room), a 27 inch tv that I didn’t have to use earphones to listen to (only in private rooms does one not need earphones), I had a closet all to my own and the room was nice and big. My shared room was big too, but my roomie had twins and took up a lot of space. My private revenge was when Monkey cried. He didn’t cry too much, but when he did, it was loud! Everyone heard monkey; he was the loudest baby there.
And I am so off topic here. Just rambling away. So, yeah…I got no packing done today because I was at the hospital for a good chunk of it. Once we came home, I put monkey and my mother down for a nap and hopped online to chat with Steve at work. I couldn’t pack up my room when there’s a sleeping baby in there. And I just didn’t bother once the baby was awake.
I will start tomorrow. As long as I’m not working again. Have I ever mentioned I hate being a temp? Because I do. Really, really do. I’ve been thinking about going back to school…Just might…
Until next time…

No comments: