Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Another So Sketchy

My last July layout for So Sketchy is up today. I just got my assignments a couple of days ago for next month. Can't wait to get started on them. But first I have to finish up my weScrap assignments. I'll be posting those in the next couple of days. It's rainy and dark here today. No good for a mini layout photo session.


Here's my So Sketchy creation:

This is Monkey and his best friend. They play together nearly every day. She is the only person who can get away with taking whatever toy Monkey is playing with. Unless it's Thomas. No one's allowed to touch Monkey's Thomas trains. Monkey likes to call this little blond princess his girlfriend. The kids all informed me yesterday that the princess "dumped" Monkey for, well, a monkey. The kids were playing with an inflatable punching dummy that was shaped as a monkey. The little princess took a real liking to the toy. The older kids (princess' siblings and Steve's two older rugrats, who are visiting) amused themselves with a story of the princess dumping (my) Monkey. Yesterday, oddly enough, the princess and Monkey didn't play much together...Maybe she did dump him...

Anyway, if you want to try this sketch out for yourself, check it out here. I think this was my favourite sketch I was assigned. The pattern paper, flowers, glitter Thickers and the loopy cardstock thingie was from our awesome sponsor of the month, The Paper Passion.

Until next time....

2 comments:

Aphra Bolyer said...

hi jen...great layout....i can see why this was your favorite sketch...i'll be using it some day! oh, by the way, your monkey story cracked me up. my husband calls our two boys little monkeys...such an appropriate pet name for boys, hun?

Lydia said...

What a really cute layout love the twirly border.