Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Happy Wednesday!

Mid-week is finally here! I spent the better part of yesterday and a couple of hours this morning thinking it was later in the week already.



I have a couple of layouts I can now share.

First up, Cutest Frogs. I've been wanting to do a layout like this for a while now. Everyone knows my dad as the "frog" of the family. My sister and I have joked that we're "half frogs" before. Now, Monkey is considered a "quarter frog."

I finally got my hands on some of the super cute frog paper from Jillibean Soup a few months ago. I've been hanging on to it just for this idea. Ally's Augest sketch for Scrapbook & Cards Today inspired this layout.

It's simple and I love it. I'm a little bias, but my dad and Monkey are adorable together. My parents love being grandparents.



I'm thinking I need to tie some beautiful ribbon on this one and hang it on a wall. This next layout, Hush a Bye, was inspired by two Bad Girls Bleuprints. I don't get the kits anymore (they are gorgeous and I wish I could, but they're more money than I can shell out right now. Maybe some day). The Bleuprints offer inspiring pictures and a sketch. I loved then red and white colour scheme and stars from one week (it was red, white and blue and stars for July 4th, but being Canadian, I dropped the blue and opted for more of a sleeping baby look than Independance Day look). The following week was all about textures. I loved Jen's cardboard background and her sketch. Here's what I came up with..

The cardboard is from a box of scrappy goodies I purchased from Starbook Star. I tore it, misted it (Yellow Daisy from Tattered Angels), painted (a light blue paint mixed with a butter cream colour, plus white in some spots and I painted over the 14"C with red paint so it popped back out because I liked it). I also rubbed some Old Photo ink from Rangers over some areas. I orginally was going to use a bunch of tiny verisons of this picture on the layout, but then decided to use one 5x7 instead. This is one of my all time favourite pictures of Monkey. He's 6 months old here. It was one of our first days after Steve left for Australia. I looked in on Monkey, and although I was feeling completely heartbroken over my recent fairwell at the airport with Steve, I felt so lucky to have this sweet baby in my life. And I'm a sucker for sleeping baby pictures.


Until next time...

No comments: