Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Layouts!

This last weekend, we finally went away for a couple of days. First time in a while. We went down to Stoney Creek to be surprise guests at Steve's father's birthday dinner. The look on his face was priceless! He was so happy to see us. And we had a wonderful time. With the nicer weather, we will have to make a point of going down there more often.

I have a couple of layouts I can now share.

This one was for the Wescrap May newsletter. I was one of three who had to use a sketch. I played with the colour a lot on this one. The splat-like, swirly paper from Glitz used to have hot pink on it. I coloured the pink red with a Bic marker. I also turned the pink on the other paper red with my Bic too. BTW: those are the best stars I have ever doodled!
I did this layout as part of my application for the guest spot on So Sketchy. I've had these pictures since March when Monkey first got his Leap Frog toy. I love the Prima Mommy & Me line. The yellow around the layout is from that line. I cut out the center though. The center of that paper, although lined, was not as white as I wanted it to be. I cut off the yellow and placed it on some Scenic Route lined paper. The letter paper is also Scenic Route.
My family is sure getting a kick out of my "Secret Confessions." They're super fun to do. My mother laughed so hard when I showed her this one. I have had this Glitz paper forever. I bought almost the whole line when it was new on the shelves. I loved it and thought it would be perfect for Monkey. I used some of it in a mini album and haven't touched the rest. This layout was also part of my application for So Sketchy. And yes, I did take that picture of the Smarties box. I placed it on one of our plates (yes, our plates are gray; and our mugs are lime green...I picked them!), put the plate on the stove top, turned on the stove light and turned off my flash. Perfect lighting!

And now I am awaiting my first kit to come from WeScrap. The last kit was a little messed up with it's reveal (techie problems, I believe), so my awaited kit, techically the May kit, is in the store already. It's full of yummy, yummy Jenni Bowlin! Check it out here. June's kit should be revealed at the right time, I think.

1 comment:

Aihara Ramintessah Sanchez said...

love your new layouts darl!!Fabulous layering and color combinations!