Thursday, April 15, 2010

Layouts!

Here's a layout heavy post to share!

As you should know, if you read this tiny blog, WeScrap had a crop last weekend. There were so many cool challenges. It was hard to pick which ones to do. I didn't get as much done as I would have liked.
Here's what I did do:
This was supposed to be a card, but I was a bad girl and did a layout. I love it! It was inspired by a pair of rain boots!

For this challenge, we had to use bugs, but no butterflies. Sass' Me Likey line is perfect! Little bees and a caterpiller!

This layout was for a new beginnings challenge. I choose to do my first Mother's Day. I used Sass papers from my box sale purchase. Love the owl!

This challenge was to have a rainbow on the layout. I thought of this Prima line right away. I bought it knowing I wanted to catch Monkey splashing in puddles. Perfect time to get this layout done. I really love how it turned out.

Here are a few layouts from wescrap's Next Designer contest. I think I shared my first layout; these are the rest.

Okay...This one wasn't one of them. But it was inspired by one of the challenges so I'm putting it here.
This isn't my style at all. I tried something new. And I love it! It started out with an over exposed picture. I turned it black and white and bumped up the shadows. Then I took out a few stamps. There is no pattern paper here. I stamped the black and red background; added a white, flowy ribbin, some bling in red and black and an embellishment from Making Memories.

Here I tried out a cracked glass technique. I think it turned out more like a cracked plastic. I didn't have UTEE. I used clear Zing. I don't think it was thick enough. Lesson learnt. I'll try this out again when I have some UTEE in my greedy little paws.
Back to the crop challenges...I forgot to share my layouts from my challenges!
This clipboard was for a Spring Cleaning make n take. I love how this clipboard turned out!

I made this layout last month when the crop was just in disscussion. I knew I wanted to do a soft colours challenge. As soon as I thought of soft colours, I thought of Studio Calico papers I had. This came together really fast. It looks more complicated than it really is. I started by misting my background paper. Once dry, I just started layering. It was so much fun. Really love K & Company's homemade embellishments! I think I have all the packs times two!
Until next time!

No comments: