I got a little more excitement than I wanted on Friday.
I decided to make cookies with Monkey. He was getting into everything so I decided to use his energy for good. Lacking in the baking supplies, I decided to make peanut butter cookies. Monkey helped me with the peanut butter, the sugar and the egg. Then he helped me mix it. Then I got a brillant idea. As Monkey licked off a spoon, I grabbed some Christmas chocolate and started chopping it up. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk cookies sounded pretty darn good to me.
Then I noticed Monkey dipping his spoon back into the cookie batter. I choose that moment to start m lecture about double dipping. Looking back, it was a useless lecture to give. What almost 2 year old understands germs? We're lucky if we can get through the day without him licking a toy or the floor.
Durning my useless lecture, I stopped paying attention to what I was doing. At least until I felt the knife go through something soft and sqwishy. Not like hard chocolate at all. It took a moment to figure it all out. Then painic set it.
Fast forward a few hours later...I was back at home from the hospital with super glue holding my chopped off flesh to it's missing place on my finger. It was super gross for the next couple of days. It's now getting nice and pink again. I no longer feel like I'm going to lose it and have a chunk of finger missing. It's still rather sore, but getting better.
Until next time..,(when I'll hopefully upload some new layouts)