Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sharing is good for the soul

And I need some good...
The weather is yucky today and I'm feeling it. Where's the sun? I want some sun. I'm okay with the snow not going away just yet. I just want some sunshine in my house. It's so dark in here.
First layout to share:

This one didn't turn out the way I first imagined it. I was orginally going to use just Steve's picture. Then I thought it might be cute to put my picture on it too. The journaling is impossible to read on here. I had fun with sanding, paint and glimmer mist. Then I hated it. Then I played some more and kinda liked it. Now I'm not too sure what to think of it. It's growing on me, but I think I could have done better.



Love this picture of Steve and I. I've scrapped it not once, not twice, but three times already. It's so rare we get our picture taken together. Even more rare that I like the picture. This one is a piece of vintage paper (from a magazine I believe) mounted onto cardstock. The vintage paper wasn't as big as I wanted, so I painted the edges to cover up the brighter-than-the-sun orange cardstock I used under it. The paint wasn't the right colour in the end. So I inked and chalked it and liked it in the end. The off-white, kinda pale yellow marks on the side are stars I painted with a ribbon. The ribbon had star cut outs in it, so I used it as a mask. I didn't have the right colour of paint so I mixed ivory and yellow. There's hidden journaling behind the picture. The picture is printed on normal white paper because I ran out of photo paper and was too impatient to wait an hour for Zehrs to print it out. And maybe a little lazy to leave the house that day. Maybe...


I love how this one turned out. And I really didn't know where I was going with this one. I softened the colours of my picture first. It reminded me of the papers I got in my January Bad Girls Kits. So I pulled out the Jennie Bowlin because I love any paper that's a die-cut or had a die-cut hole in it, and just started playing. I don't remember how I remembered I had the bird paper (also Jennie Bowlin), but I pulled it out and just started cutting. Once the bird and flowers were cut out, I decided to colour them. To give them a soft colour to match the picture, I used chalk. There's shimmery chalk in the center of the flowers. The faith card lead me to my title and the little rub-ons on the picture are words to remember. They're also Jennie Bowlin. They were in oval frames with little pictures. With a close look, you can find the tiny pictures else where on the layout, mixed among everything else. The frames didn't work for me, so they were tossed aside. Everything else on the page was put on with a "how would this look" frame of mind. The bird and the flowers are all on pop dots to I could sneak things under it with ease. This one is going on the wall!

Update on the finger:

It's healing. Slowly, but surely. Most of the skin is looking all nice and healthy again. Other than the marks all around it were the cut is. One side is still super painful to touch. Seeing how it's the only spot that's still really red, I'm keeping an eye out for anything bad. I can't stop touching it. It feels all sqwishy and weird. And according to me, the skin feels leathery. Steve just says I'm crazy. My nail is starting to grow. I'm curious to how it'll grow over the wound. Or if it'll grow over the wound. I can't wait for it to heal so I can use some scar reducing cream on it. It didn't work on my c-section scar, maybe it'll work on this one.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dang, that finger thing sounds awful girl! I hope that it heals quickly for you. Beautiful pages despite your handicap though!