Thursday, June 18, 2009

Just one layout

Over at Bad Girls, Wendy has introduced a new weekly contest called Bleu Print. Wendy kicked it off by posting a sketch and some super cool, fun pictures of, what I think is, a funky vintage clothing store. The colours just popped right off my computer screen! Wendy also provided a sample of her Bleu Print. It was beautiful!
I found it very inspiring! The clothing made me think of a shoe picture I took last month. My sister came over to my house. She was wearing one of her pairs of Converse shoes. I had Monkey's Converse-like shoes (they have skulls on them, so cute!) on him. I caught them sitting on the porch and thought the picture would totally suit Prima's Rebellious line. The bright colours of the clothing in the Bleu Print picture made me think of the Rebelious line too. So I played on it.
Other than the cardstock, paint and one tiny piece of paper, everything ended up being Prima.
The background paper is from Prima's FlirtyLittle Secret. It's the backside of a green paper. I liked how it was a sort of off white shade. I dry brushed black paint and then green. Once I had the skull paper in place, I used my Sharpie paint pen to make the white dots all around the edges.
I made my own pebbles for this layout too. I made three; one is hard to see thanks to poor lighting when I took the picture of the layout. The poor lighting actually dulled this layout. It's a lot brighter in real life.



Here's a close up of one of the pebbles. I put a couple of rub-ons onto black cardstock (a green heart and a skull). Using Diamond Glaze, I attached them to the bottom of some dew drops. I then trimmed around the dew drop. It looks like Prima's pebbles. So easy to make too. The other pebble that's hard to see has a little pink metallic heart. I cut the heart out of some old DCWV.

I really love how this layout turned out.

I'm almost done my homemade notebook. It's rather plain, but I wanted it that way. It's going to have to withstand getting thrown around. I plan to use it to write down magazine recipes and ideas when Monkey and I are at the library.

Until next time....

No comments: