For this week's Fave Fives, I am going to go over some of my favourite summer playtime activities to do with Monkey.
1. Exploring. This week, Monkey and I have decided to explore our town from top to bottom. We head out in the morning around 9:30-10 and come back home somewhere between 11-12. We've been having a lot of fun. I have yet to remember to take out my camera, so I found this picture online. It's our town, at least.
2. Going to the park. Who doesn't love the park? Our park has swings, a big thingie to climb, jump, swing, and slide on and a smaller version for younger kids, like Monkey. There's a picnic table, tons of rocks and a great hill to climb and roll down. Hours of fun at the park.
3. Trampoline. We have a trampoline in the backyard. It's got a netting around it so the kids are safe to jump away. Monkey loves jumping alone or with his friends. We just need to remind them not to jump on each other. They're really good and we've only had one accident (last year on the old trampoline. Monkey fell off it when the zipper of the netting broke. He would have been fine if he didn't face plant onto a chair. A bloody mouth and a fat lip were the worst of his injuries. Now there's a new trampoline with a good zipper). It would have to be my son who was hurt.
(Okay, this is a picture from last year, but I don't have uploaded from this year yet. Aww...Look at my little baby...He's 14 or 15 months old there. As much as I love my big boy, I miss my little baby!)
4. Water table fun. Last year I purchased a water table for Monkey. We keep it at my parents' house. Monkey loved playing in the water last year. Steve, my sister and I enjoyed filling up water guns and spraying each other; proving water tables are good for all ages. I can't wait until it's warm enough to pull it out again.
5. Reading books in the shade with a cold lemonade nearby. Ah...So peaceful, so relaxing...Until a certain toddler spills the lemonade, or starts crying because you won't read his favourite book for the 10th time in a row and have suggested a new book. Or said toddler thinks it's more fun to try and dismember elderly neighbours by throwing his books at them. Ah, reading in the shade.
(Once again, not one of my pictures. I found it online and think it's absolutely beautiful. How peaceful does that look!)
Until tomorrow when I'll have some scrappy related stuff....