Monday, October 15, 2007

A New Day, A New Blog


I used to blog. It seems almost like a life-time ago, rather than a few months. I stopped shortly after Monkey Man was born. We just had way too much going on with all the complications we had when we finally came home. Now life is a little calmer; perhaps a little boring.


I’m all moved into my parents’ house, but I would say we’re far from settled. Monkey Man is still sleeping in his Pack N Play because we had yet to set up his crib. His clothes are still in piles on my couch because I still don’t know where to put them. Everyone is tripping over each other and everyone has an opinion on how I raise my own son. At least there’s people to past him off to when I need a minute to myself, or have to go to the bathroom. I love that he knows who his mommy is and I’m the one who gets the most cuddles, hugs and kisses. Each one is a reminder of the unconditional love he has deep within him.


It’s been eleven days since Steve left for Australia, but who’s counting. He called this morning. It was so good to hear his voice again. It was comforting. I knew I was going to miss him long before he left; I had no idea I would miss him this much. Everyday is hard and there’s no signs of it getting easier. Everyday I sit down with Monkey Man and show him pictures of Daddy. It’s my way of insuring he doesn’t forget who Daddy is; even if it is all in vain. With any hope, Chase will greet Steve with a hug and a “dada” when he comes home.


I have decided to get into scrapbooking. I’m really excited about it. I’ve ordered a few stuff to get myself started. I even bought two surprise lots from Ebay. My first lot came in today. It felt like Christmas since I really didn’t know what I was going to end up with. Oddly enough, the item I’m the most excited about is a Heidi Swapp Edge Distresser. I think it’ll be a lot of fun to use; and it’s pink! I got a lot of really cute little boy themed rub-ons. I’m mentally creating pages already. I’m going to need to write some of these ideas down. I think I’ve found a productive hobby to keep me busy when the baby’s sleep and I’ve got nothing better to do. I’m going to keep at the knitting too. I’m very slowly getting better. I’m half-way through a scarf right now. A nice easy pattern for this newbie. I want to be able to make a pair of bunny mittens for Monkey Man next winter. They’re cute, warm and, hopefully entertaining as puppets.

Until next time…

3 comments:

Rebecca Foster said...

Hi Jen! I was on vacation when you sent out your email. Fun reading! Scrapbooking is a hobby I enjoy too. I haven't done much lately, for space reasons, but I love looking at my old scrapbooks. You will have to give me hints as you discover them. Fun blog, glad to see you writing again.

Sorry you miss Steve so much, I know it goes both ways. Big hug to you and the bebe! :D

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie,
I just found your blog site (I don't check my hotmail enough). I've decided to try and post comments on your website so it can kinda be like the Angel Journal but a modern day journal. I didn't realize how much you loved Steve. Does this mean that he is the one? If it helps any I give my 100% approval. I love Steve. He is good for you and is a wonderful father to "Monkey Man" (you should never call him that when he is older).

That's cool that you started scrapbooking. There are so much cool scrap booking stuff. The would be something I would do if I have more time. It seems like I never have enough time. I wish I could clone myself so that I could get more done. Between work, H&R Block, helping Colleen with soap (we have our first show this weekend) and cleaning (which never gets done, I don't have any time!!!

Anonymous said...

Oops that previous post "anonymous" is me, Missy. I'm just to lazy to sign up.