Friday, October 2, 2009

Bad Blogger!!!!

Hello Blog-Land! I've been a bad blogger. Not that I was good at it before, just the past two weeks have been busy. Last week I was trying to get in as much Monkey and Mommy time as I could. This week, I've been working full time at the bank. I'm working full time for the next three week; so pretty much for the rest of the month. And to top it off, I have lots of scrappy duties and commitments going on all over the place this month. Along with my trusty planner, I know I can get through it. It just going to take a little organization!

I have a few layouts to share today.


How simple is this layout? I love it! Ang, one of our talented DT members at weScrap, did up a sketch for us. It was suppost to be in the September newsletter, but the newsletter didn't get out. I do believe the November one will be getting out there. The team working the behind the scenes are working hard to fix any issues we have. So make sure you're signed up for the newsletters! They'll be coming to a inbox near you soon! By the way...That cluster of puppy and flowers and such...That's one cut out! It's the backing of a Basic Grey Woolies package. It was just too cute not to use!

We've been doing Layout Tag at wescrap. I've done two months so far. There's a sign up for the next round going on right now. I wish I could play along again, but I'm just too busy this time around. Maybe next time. I love how this layout turned out. I ended up submitting it to the Jillibean Soup Designer call. I didn't make it. Maybe next time.

Monkey was having a grumpy, whinney day about a month ago. What's a mother to do? Take pictures and scrap the mood. I love the little lightning clouds. Love them so much, I have three or four pages of them. They're going to last a wonderful long time.
This month, I was asked to be a guest designer for The Scrapping Bug. Along with the tiny scrap store here in town, I consider this store to be my local scrapbook store (also known as LSS). I was very honoured to be asked. Kim got my kit out to me ASAP. I recieved it last Friday. Then put off making anything because I wasn't sure how many layouts or cards I was supposed to come up with.
Anyway, here's what I came up with:
This picture was a 5x7, but it wasn't working at that size for me. I cut it down to a 4x6. This is Monkey last year. I hand cut the flowers. They're covered in black Glimmer Mist. I hand stitched the bottom (and cursed that I don't own a sewing machine). It's hard to see in this picture, but I stitched over the bottom of the picture too. The brads were stamped with a little spider stamp I have.

This is Monkey from Halloween 2007; his first halloween. The purple bats are diecuts from the kit. I inked them with a little black ink to make them blend in a little more. The pumpkins were masked on with black Glimmer Mist. The title is purple glitter. It made a big, fun mess!

And my favourite out of the bunch, and the last one I did, Spooktaular Halloween. Also from Monkey's first Halloween. The house, ghost and title are diecuts from the kit too. I inked the ghost with a little white ink.


And one super easy, super fast card. See the little spiders? They made it on almost everything I made (Minus the last layout). I think they're adorable! I should pull out my own halloween stamp set more often!
And now I have to get Monkey up so he can have his breakfast before we leave for the day.
Until next time...





No comments: