Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Is it December Already?


Life is zooming on by here. Daily, it feels like the days are long and full. Then by Sunday, I'm left wondering where my week went?

I've been crafting, gearing up for Christmas, enjoying the magic of Christmas through Monkey's eyes and battling flus and colds. Right now, I have a cold that is trying it's best to knock me flat on my bottom. Plus, thanks to being short staffed, I don't have any days off from work this month (excluding Christmas day and weekends, of course). I was hoping for 4 days a week so I could have one extra day each week to do shopping and crafting. I was little shocked to see my name down for every day we're open. But, I won't be complaining too much when I see those lovely paychecks.
Here's the Countdown to Christmas tree I made. There are little details, bling and gems and pearls that make this tree lovely, but they didn't photograph very well. I'm still not very good with taking pictures. I'm getting better, but I have a long, long way to go.
I've also made a wreath. I'll share a picture when I'm done fixing it. I think it needs more holly berries and will be adding the this weekend.
Here's a cute mini I finished up a couple of weeks ago. I love it!
Kim asked me to guest design for her at the Scrapping Bug once more. I was very excited to see the Eskimo Kisses show up at my door. Such a pretty line!
My sister, last year, was so excited to get this hat from Mom. She's just too cute sometimes. It doesn't show well in the picture, but every reindeer nose has dark pink Stickles on them. So do the flower centers. Beautiful touch in real life!
My fave picture from last year. This one even made it into a snowglobe. I'll have to take a picture of the snowglobe to share too. All around the edge of this one, I used a sparkley embossing powder. The watermark ink changed the shade of the cardstock. Not the look I was going for, but I love it anyway. I also heat embossed the snowflakes with the sparkley power.
I love how this one turned out! And I love that Steve's back home with us.
This was a last minute one. I had an idea and in 15 mins had this layout. I attempted to make ribbon flowers...They didn't turn out as well as they did in my mind. I think I need a lot more practice.
I made cards too, but I don't really like them so I'm not going to share them.
This layout was a blast to make! I've had these Heidi Swapp paintables for a while. I finally used one. First I painted the background with a yellow green colour. A colour I love. But then it was too bright for my Crate paper. So I grabbed my buttercream paint and just lightly sponged and smeared it around the page. The design from the paper pops right through. Next, I stamped with Glitz stamps. Then I distressed my edges. Then I just threw whatever on and ta-da! A layout I love. It's green, it's bright, it's messy and it's unique. It's very me.
And lastly....
A So Sketchy layout from last month.
Until next time...

1 comment:

{Sarah} said...

Wow, you have been very busy, look at all that scrappy goodness!!! =)