Friday, February 29, 2008

Yucky Day

It’s a yucky day. I have nothing good to say about today so far. It’s still early though. Maybe it’ll turn around.
I woke up to monkey crying. He’s still fever free (that’s good), but he’s developed a nasty cough and his nose is all stuffed up (that’s bad). At least he ate his breakfast today. I don’t feel too great today. I started feeling yucky yesterday. That’s what you get when you’re caring for a bunch of sickies.
Monkey threw his soother under the change table first thing this morning too. The darn thing is like a big dresser. I, in my foggy state of mind, decided to try to grab it by shoving my arm into the little decorative space between the table and the floor. I had to fish around blindly since with my arm shoved in the space, there was no place for me to look. It took a few minutes, a few swear words whispered under my breath and a few scrapes and bruises, but I go it. It also hit me afterwards I could have just moved the change table and hope I wouldn’t have accidentally put the table down on top of it.
We’re working off of only one soother right now. Monkey has three, but only one is in use. The other two are lost somewhere in the bedroom. He likes to throw them right now after he gets up from sleeping. I bought two new ones, but they haven’t left their package yet.
By the way...The picture of the change table is not exactly like mine, but close to it. My table is a lot better and it was free. I love free!
Monkey isn’t a soother suck like some kids. He used to have one when he was a newborn, but it only lasted a few weeks. After then he wouldn’t take one anymore. He started using one again when he was teething. Now he likes to have one when he goes down to sleep. Unless he’s teething hard or is sick, he doesn’t use one while he’s awake. I let him suck on one when we’re going out. He hates having to wear his coat, boots, hat and mittens. He doesn’t fuss if I let him have his soother. Only the bulky outside clothes are gone, so will the soother. At least that’s my plan.
I have all my scrappy goods scattered across the coffee table and couch. I keep picking up the supplies I have out for the project I want to start, but I put them back down again. I know what I want to do. I have everything planned out in my head. I just can’t get the energy up to start working on it. I’ve been dying to start this project for a couple of weeks now. The February kit from Bad Girls is perfect for the project on hand. The colours, the patterns, the little French notebook…It screams little album! It’s going to be a gift for someone. I’m not going to say who or give details just in case that certain someone reads this. I don’t think he/she does, but I don’t want to take the chance. I had to wait to do this project until I got the pictures for it. I had the project in mind for over a month now. I was playing with ideas for how to make my idea become a reality; then I got my BG kit in the mail. When I saw the Explore paper from Creative Imaginaions, I knew I wanted to use this paper and the rest of the kit. The little French notebook is perfect to use as the album. I wasn’t sure at first if I should use it. I wasn’t sure if it would be strong enough. But after seeing what some talented girls did with it in the BG gallery, I’m positive I can use it. I just got the pictures I need for this project at the beginning of this week. Now if I could find the energy, I can get started. I have a month to complete it. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can…
Hmm…Is the Little Engine That Could still in print? That might be a good book for monkey. He loves books. I let him play with board books. These ones we know by heart. We read them to monkey at least twice a day each. He reads them to his self many more times through the day. His favourite are The Happy Snowman and Belly Button book. I also try to read a paper book to him every day as well. I love that he loves books.
Until next time…

No comments: