Monday, September 13, 2010

5 Days Old

Now I have a real excuse for not blogging. 5 days ago, someone very special decided to make his grand entrance. And grand it was!

My water broke at Babies R Us on September 8th, at 38 weeks into my pregnancy. I drove myself to the hospital. I wasn't feeling anything but kinda gross. Water breaking is not pleasant. I went from feeling nothing to major contractions in minutes, but hours after the water breaking. I almost gave birth sans epidural. Not by choice, but because it took that long to get one. I was asking for one an hour before I got it. Almost right after I got it, I was ready to push. My doctor decided she had time to go get a tea from downstairs. The nurse had me reach down and deliever my own baby in the doctor's absence.

Mr Jasper Daniel was born at 8:23pm on the 8th. He was 7lbs, 12oz and 21" long. He's amost a pound smaller than his big brother.




Jasper is the complete opposit of his big brother. Monkey didn't want to come out; after being induced, I still ended up with a c-section. Jasper, was all too happy to come out and came out fast. Monkey was up all night and slept all day. Jasper, lets me sleep a little at night. Monkey cried loudly and a lot. Jasper makes little kitten-like sounds and only cries when he has a gas bubble or wants to cuddle.
Big brother Monkey has taken to the baby really well. I couldn't have asked for more, We're very happy right now.
Until next time, when I'll hopefully have the announcements done so I can share.

4 comments:

SusieJ said...

He's gorgeous Jen -I want a cuddle!! The picture of your two boys is precious.
Hope things continue to go well.
Hugs,
Sue xx

Jacquelin said...

He is beautiful and lucky to join such an amazing family! Congrats!

Leila Ellice said...

Congrats! Adorable Baby! Just stumbled upon your blog.. through the "Next Blog>>" button! :) You have adorable Digital Scrapbook pages! :) Congrats again on the wonderful baby! :)

Allison Cope said...

Congrats Jen! He's so precious! Enjoy this time with your boys and take LOTS of photos.