Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Crop Winner

Whoo hoo for crop prizes!

I just found out I am one of the winners from the weekend crop over at The Scrapping Bug. Very cool.
And if you haven't been by the Sassafras Lass blog for the newest peeks...Then do so...Now!...I can wait for you to come back. If you come back...
Anyway, I love it! I think it's all so cute. Wow...What a dream it must be to design for them. Gosh, are they ever lucky. Same goes for those lucky ladies who design for Prima.
Speaking of design; I have been on a vintage kick lately. I am all over anything from 1950 and beyond that. Pictures, ads, magazines, books, anything! I have a collection of vintage books that I love. I love the old leather, the musky, yellow pages, the simple and elegant look of it. I've loved old books ever since I was a kid. It was the geek in me. I have an old book of poems that has an angel craved right into the cover and painted in gold. It's breathtakingly beautiful. I would take a picture, but it's in Monkey's room and he's napping.

I love the look of old, vintage pages on scrapbook layouts and altered projects, but I can't bear to rip my books apart. I've tried hunting down other books to sacrifice, but I just can't do it. I need someone else to do it for me. Don't show me the book, just the torn pages please.

Speaking of the whole vintage vibe; have you heard of GaucheAlchemy? They have scrapbook kits on sale over at Etsy.
I have this add on kit:
And this main kit:
on their way to me right now. Beautiful!
Unitl next time...

No comments: