Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mini Book






I decided to make a little mini book for my mother. Something she can toss into her purse and take around with her. I thought it might be nice for her to have something she can pull out while she's going through her daily treatments. I thought pictures of her beloved grandson might help to bring a smile on her face.
Since paper tears, I wanted to use something that doesn't. Fabric is harder to tear. Jean material is even harder. And I just so happened to have a pair of jeans I ripped back in the fall. They were just in a heap at the bottom of my closet. So out they came to be cut up. I stitched all the way around the book (front and back) and then made a little pocket. Using a piece of scrap fabric, I made a little patch for the pocket. I used an eyelet to help hold the little tag. The tag says "Grandma's Book." I used graffer tape I won from Bad Girls on the spine for interest.

No comments: