Friday, January 16, 2009

A Me Day

You have a full day to yourself. No children, no husband, no one in your way for 11 full hours.

What do you do?

I, apparently, do nothing I had planned to do.

I wanted to get all the laundry done. I did two out of three loads. I wanted to get the laundry put away. There’s a basket of folded clothes in the hall and another basket full of Monkey’s clothes from other washes in my bedroom waiting to go into Monkey’s room. I wanted to clean out Monkey’s closet. I wanted to go through his clothes, box up the ones I want to keep (for future children, my own or my sister’s…Hard to believe my sister is going to have kids someday! She’s only 18! That’s like…I don’t know…7 in my head) and get another box ready for the Salvation Army. I didn’t go into Monkey’s room other that to look for heavy books. I wanted to get all our Salvation Army loot together so we could finally get rid of it. I didn’t even think twice about it. I wanted to sweep my floors and do the dishes after lunch. I did do those. But really, it was out of habit more than anything else because I do those everyday.

I had the whole day to myself and I still didn’t finish any scrap related projects…No, wait…That’s a lie. I did a simple layout. Very simple. No special techniques, not much cutting. It’s simple, fresh and I love it. I haven’t taken a picture of it yet. If I could get my new printer (and scanner in one) to work then I could have scanned it in since the layout is an 8.5x11.


I did get a lovely surprise delivered to my door yesterday. My sweet, sweet, sweet best friend sent me a candy bouquet. She’s the bestest. I love her dearly.

Monkey did not make it home last night. We ended up getting a snow storm and he stayed safely at my parents’ house. He did call me at bedtime. Mom said he spent the day being happy and cheerful. As soon as he heard my voice, he got serious. I swear he said “Why are you in the phone and not here with me” in his little man babble. He then kept trying to hang the phone up while I chatted briefly with my mom. Point taken; he’s mad at me for not being there. He’s never gone more than one night without me. I miss him too. He should be home in under an hour. I can’t wait.

Until next time…

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bwahahaha! Sounds like me! Love it!