Monday, January 19, 2009

Online Crop

I participated in an online crop over at The Scrapping Bug this weekend. I finished all 8 of the challenges. They were fun. I was pretty surprised with how fast I got the layouts done. I think I was inspired. A few of them turned out very nice, if I do say so myself.


This was challenge #7, a colour challenge. Orange, blue and white had to be the main colours. The colour scheme was perfect for the Animal Crackers (Jack) line from Making Memories. I've had this line since it first came out. It's been hidding in my hall closet, awaiting the day I finally sit down and do Monkey's first year mini ablum. I've been planning this album for over a year now. It's about time I start on it. This is the first page. The "Newborn" page.

This was challenge #6, Scraplift. I love this picture of Steve and Monkey. I took it in September, I think. We were on our way to see the big truck that had been parked on the street behind our place for three weeks. Monkey likes trucks so we thought it would be fun to take him for an up close look. You can see the truck in the back ground. I think I have a new obession with those little Sassafras Lass birdies.

Challenge #3, Reflecting. We had to reflect on '08; either the whole year or one event. I choose to reflect on when Steve came home from Australia. I journaled around the stitched circle. There's those birdies again. One stamped and one cut out.

Challenge #8, Card Sketch. I suck at cards. I don't make them. This is only the second I've done. The first one was for a challenge too. I'm just not into them.

Challenge #2, Embrace. We had to use the word "embrace" some where on the page, as well as a tag and bling. This is a 6x12 of me and Steve. I think this is my favourite layout of the two of us. The back card pulls out. When I think of the right journaling, it'll be a hidden journaling thing. The tag is from one of Steve's shirts. I loved it the moment I saw it. Steve knew I was going to steal it. Steve commented on how he thinks my layouts are getting better because I'm getting better at taking pictures. I pointed out that he took this self picture of the two of us. He just laughed at me.

Oh...Look...Those birdies again...Challenge #1, Bright & Cheery. I knew I sewed orange stitching on the clouds for a reason. And I knew I kept that piece of paper after I stitched and decided not to use it. It came in handy here. I figured orange and blue were bright enough for this page and packed it up with black and white to try to pop it all.

Challenge #5, Bling/Glitter. Glittered die-cut snowflake paper, glittered ribbin, Frost Glimmer Mist on papers and large flower and bling in two flower centers. I love how this one turned out. I semi wish I had the coloured copy of this picture printed out. My pink scraf would have matched everything. But I sent that picture to my grandmother and haven't re-printed it.

Challenge #4, Christmas/Holiday. Christmas may be over, but I'm not done with my Christmas memories. I still have all my Christmas papers and embellies out so this one was a snap to whip together. I'm going to be working on a Christmas mini ablum soon too so it's all out. This picture was from Christmas 2007. Monkey was 9 months old and sick. He didn't stay in just his hat, diaper and socks for long. Just long enough for me to snap a couple of pictures. Then I bundled him up. I thought he looked like a cute, little elf.

Not one of the challenges. Just a recently done layout. The snowmen are all popped up on foam dots.

I have my interview test with Sun Life soon. I have to do a math test, a typing test and an Excel test. If I do well then I get my second interview. My first interview was last week.
Until next time...



No comments: