Wednesday, July 1, 2009

So Sketchy Post

My first offical layout as an offical So Sketchy Sista went up today. You'd think the novelty would have worn off since I was a guest designer there last month, but no. It didn't. I still jumped up and down to see my little baby Monkey's face on the site this morning.


Check out the sketch here. It's a great sketch!



And here's my layout to go witht the sketch. I moved the title so I could get the journaling spot in. We have a sponsor for the month of July. The Paper Passion (located in Orleans, ON...I lived there from the age of 9-13 on Kingfisher Cres.) was kind enough to send out a kit to the whole team. It featured lots of yummy October Afternoon (Cherry Hill). I used two sheets of paper. The red and white (the grey with white polka dots is the back of that one) and the text paper. The hearts and circles behind the title is a Prima Voila strip. It was white. I mixed some paints (four colours!) to match the green in the journaling sticker and the owl. I really love how it came out. I also love that picture of Monkey. I can't remember how old he is for sure there. Somewhere 5 months and under. I do remember taking the picture though. I remember we were going somewhere and I stopped to pose Monkey on the couch to get a picture of him. I told Steve Monkey was just looking too cute not to snap a picture. Funny how I can remember that, but not which month it took place in. I'm going to guess it was either a cool day in Auguest or September.

Oh, and Happy Canada Day to any Canadians out there. Hope you have fun today!

We're just relaxing at home. Steve's at work (his company decided to give everyone Monday off instead. It was nice for him to have a long weekend), and it's raining here. So there won't be any festivities for us today. I'm looking forward to just spending a lazy, rainy day with Monkey. Hopefully he's not stir crazy yet from not getting to play outside for the past few days (rain, rain, go away).

Until next time...

1 comment:

Aphra Bolyer said...

Love your layout, Jen! You were able to use the fab OA paper in such a boy way. Super cute baby, too.