Monday, July 6, 2009

Watching the Ink Dry

I'm waiting for ink to dry, and a certain toddler to wake up from his nap; I thought I'd blog.How cute is this stamp? It's by Daisy Bucket Designs from the Little Monsters line. I adore this line. I bought a few sheets of paper from it a few months ago. Someday, when I get my butt in gear, I'm going to use those papers on a mixed media canvas for Monkey's room. This little monster is one of the ones who will be up there. I just purchased the stamp last week. I was searching for the perfect stamp for a project I'm working on. This one fit the bill. I'll share my project as soon as I can. There are 110 of these little guys drying right now.

There's a possible move in our near future. Steve and I have breify talked about moving back to the city (he works there) if I get into a government program to go back to school. If I did, I'd be going to school in the city. There's no point in us living in the country if we're both traveling back and forth. I love where we live now. I like the small town. I like living close to my family. And I miss the convenience of the city. It would be nice to be near our family doctor again (especially since it took a 8 and a half on a wait list to get him. And I was on the top of the list because I was pregnant!). It would be nice to be near the malls again. To be near full scrapbook stores. We'd be cutting Steve's commute by at least than half or more, depending on where we'd end up. We'd be cutting the commute to Steve's parents' house by about an hour. Unfortunatly, we'll be lengthening the commute to my parents' house.

We've just started our search for a 3 or 4 bedroom house. We want a room for everyone. Currently, we have a two bedroom. It doesn't work great when we have someone over. When my best friend visits, Monkey gets moved in with us and she gets his room. When the other two rugrats come to visit, Monkey gets moved in with us and their get his room...See a pattern here? Although, when the rugrats come down in a couple of weeks, Steve wants to try all three kids in Monkey's room. I don't think it's going to work out. I think Monkey will bug the other two. We'll see. With a three bedroom, we'll have our room, Monkey's room (aka the boys' room because his brother will share when he visits) and the spare room (aka the princess room, since that's where the princess will sleep when she's visiting. Anyone else who stays would sleep there too). Four bedrooms means I would get my own scrap room. To be shared with Steve so he can store his paintball gear.

We're also hoping to take Hercules, my chihuahua, off my parents hands. They are wonderful people who have been caring for him for me. I'd like to take the burden off of them. Plus, I miss my puppy.

Wish us luck!

Until next time...

3 comments:

Lori said...

That stamp is so cute! Can't wait to see what you've done with it.
We're thinking about moving the other way and going from the city to the country. Although there would be things I miss, I think I'd quite like some peace and quiet and non-mutant neighbours! Good luck with the search!

Allison Cope said...

Too cute Jen!

Hey... here's a blog you may LOVE... http://www.CreativeMiniAlbums.blogspot.com

Kaytee said...

Oh that stamp is too cute!!! I forgot to tell you that I like your new blog banner!